Friday, May 16, 2008

Frugal Friday - No More Paper Towels

For the most part we do not buy or use paper towels. Instead we use bar mops. These can easily be purchased for $1.00 each or less. I find that if they are called shop towels they are even less expensive than when sold as kitchen towels or even bar mops. I buy white towels and bleach them if necessary. Once they are too, well plain old ugly for the kitchen, I get out my laundry marker and write a "G" on the tag. Then the towels are off to the garage and live a new life as garage rags. I do buy paper towels when I find them on sale AND I have a coupon, well if they're free, plain and simple. Let's face it there are some clean up jobs that are too icky for even a bar mop. I suggest that if your husband or kids run into the kitchen screaming for a paper towel, give it to them; don't stop to ask questions. Who knows where that towel is needed!

No comments: