Friday, May 23, 2008

Frugal Friday - Buy Honey in Bulk

Hello Readers,


We went to pick up our order from the co-op this week. We do this once a month. The co-op orders from Azure Standard. If you want more information just ask me about it.


Well, one of the items we ordered this week was a gallon of honey for $23.10. This is a great purchase for us since the generic "bear" honey from our local Vons retails for $4.13 and that is for 12 oz. only.


Why so much honey? Well, I make a honey wheat bread for the family and each loaf requires a half cup of honey. The boys eat this most mornings. I could make wheat bread sans honey but then I would end up with a bunch of whole wheat doorstops and nobody wants whole wheat doorstops. If you disagree just let me know and I'll be happy to make one for you.


I bet you want to know what a gallon of honey looks like (while being embraced by two darling boys). Well here it is:



Two Honeys and a gallon of honey

No comments: